A great option for those with limited strength & dexterity. The only scooter with an automatic folding mechanism that folds itself with the push of a button. That combined with the use of a delta tiller makes the Transformer a solid choice for people with limited strength & dexterity in their arms and hands such as elderly seniors.
- Speed: 3.75 mph
- Distance: 13.5 miles
- Recharge time: 5-10 hours
- Maximum weight: 300 lbs
- Climbing ability: 8 Degrees
- Warranty: 12-months at home contract
- Automatic folding mechanism
- Highly adjustable
- Regenerative breaks
- Senior frienly
- A tad unstable while turning at high speed
- Seat a bit small if you’re bigger
- AUTOMATIC FOLDING: A remote control folds and unfolds the unit for you in seconds. With a 300 lbs weight capacity and 3.75 mph top speed, the Transformer is ultra portable.
- AIRLINE APPROVED BATTERY: The lightweight lithium battery offers up to 13.7 miles per single charge. Your Transformer can be taken on your next flight, vacation, or cruise ship.
- COMPACT SIZE: The Transformer folds to the size of a small suitcase and easily fits inside most closets, laundry rooms, and the trunk of most cars.
A great mobility scooter for elderly. Not only do you decrease your carbon footprint by using an electronic vehicle instead of taking the car or gas scooter. You can do those things you loved again. Whether it be going to the store on your own or sight-seeing you now have the ability to enjoy the outdoors again.
Best folding mechanism of all electric mobility scooters
The Transformer Mobility Scooters has its strengths and weaknesses but it was built with one initial idea in mind, foldability, and to be as portable as a mobility scooter can be.
The Transformer is built to fit into most small sized cars. With its 60 lbs weight and the remote controlled folding system, it’s by far the best traveling companion available at this point.
With a lightweight scooter comes often the stability issues, but with its 4-wheel base, it’s stable enough. It has a comfortable leather chair and armrests that are both adjustable in height.
Something that the Transformer mobility scooter lacks is the ability to carry things with you. As a standard there are no carriers delivered with the scooter, however, these can be found in most stores.
Many customers have said that using a bag to attach to the backrest of the chair is a good option to increase its storage space, a basket on the steering wheel is also an option. But for most of your storage needs the platform at where you put your feet will do just fine. After all, this isn’t one of those heavy-duty mobility scooters that can take on some serious load.
Who does the Transformer Travel scooter suit?
The Transformer scooter is built to be used on various travels, indoors and outdoors. Mostly it’s a great scooter to have if you own a smaller car because it fits into nearly every backseat or trunk.
It is fully compliant with the airplane regulations for Lithium-ion Battery packs and can be taken with you everywhere no matter what type of transportation you prefer to use.
Riding the scooter is easy and very comfortable due to the adjustable seat and armrests you adjust it to your personal liking.
The maneuverability is good and the delta tiller makes turning very simple even for those of us with very little upper arm strength, it has good enough turning radius to be used in most stores and public places.
Also, read our review of the Tzora Titan Hummer XL mobility scooter.